The 1st Swiss-Chinese Career Symposium (SCCS) will take place in Basel, Switzerland on 20th October 2016. This career fair is of special interest to Chinese students and scholars in Switzerland, and Swiss employers in Switzerland and China. Swiss Center Shanghai is pleased to serve as communications partner to Swiss affiliates in China for this event.
There are about 4,000 Chinese graduates in Switzerland, among which some 1000 have earned amaster’s or doctoral degree. Many of them are members of Chinese Association of Science and Technology, Switzerland (CASTS). For many years, the Swiss-Chinese Association, together with CASTS and Chinese student unions, has been organizing company visits (esp. at large international Swiss enterprises) for Chinese students and scholars in Switzerland. On the other hand, many large,small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which aim at expanding their businesses in China, have limited experience and access to the Chinese job market.
The 1st Swiss-Chinese Career Symposium will create a direct exchange platform between highly skilled Chinese graduates of Swiss universities and HR departments of Swiss companies. Swiss enterprises can present their demands for highly qualified Chinese experts with Swiss higher education background, in order toattract these talents to their Swiss headquarters or Chinese branches. It also aims to promote transparency on the Swiss labour market for both job-seekers and recruiters.
The event will take place at
– 100 university graduates
– Ca. 10 companies, each 2-3 representatives with individual table
20 October, 2016, 9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
– In the morning: 4 speeches by business managers on different topics relevant forChinese or Swiss job seekers in China, who have a higher education degree from Swiss academic institutions (or work experience).
– In the afternoon: A contact platform (table exhibition) between job-seeking graduates and the Swiss companies present in search of talents
– Sponsoring companies with full brand exposure, table and 2 persons present: CHF 2’000
– Large multinationals with one table and 2 persons present: CHF 1’500
– SMEs with one table and 2 persons present: CHF 500
– Students and graduates: Free
for more information and registration form (CN-EN)
The event will beco-organised by the Swiss-Chinese Association; the Chinese Association of Science and Technology, Switzerland; the Confucius Institute at the University of Basel; and the Basel Area.
Corporate sponsorsso far are Lorange Institute for Business, Zurich; the China-Europe Business School (CEIBS); Novartis; and Schindler.