At the 4th edition of the CIIE (China International Import Expo), a record big Swiss Cluster Booth in the Food & Beverage area will be organized by Swiss Centers, a non-profit organization that actively supports Swiss companies to develop their business in China.
The Swiss Centers is the official exhibition invitation partner since the first edition of the CIIE for all Swiss companies.
Swiss Brands participating at the fourth CIIE 2021
The Pavilion covers an area of 234m²and incorporates more than 20 iconic Swiss brands. A few highlights this year which will offer a unique Swiss experience to all visitors:
- The largest concentration of Swiss wines in China thanks to a unique partnership between Swiss Centers and Swiss Wine Promotion, with the goal of promoting the excellence of Swiss viticulture.
- Two newcomers, who are not present on the Chinese market yet:
1. Distillerie Louis Morand: a family-owned company founded in 1889 in the alpine canton of Valais, which passionately produces quality brandies, liqueurs and syrups, made from fresh fruit, rich in aroma and ripened in the sun in the surrounding orchards.
2. Blackmint SA: founded in 1863 in Travers by the great-grandfather of Yves Kübler (then called Kübler & Romang), this distillery is the most important producer of absinthe, an iconic spirit originated from Switzerland and sometimes called “The Green Fairy”.
- The common area will incorporate a Bar, a Chef’s Kitchen, and a Premium Swiss-style Living Room.
100 days of pleasant anticipation
On Monday and Tuesday, 26th and 27th July, different events were held, which were accompanied by media interviews, a signing of an MOU as well as a matchmaking event with buyers of Food and Beverages.
On those different occasions, Mr. Kuno Gschwend, Deputy General Manager of Swiss Centers, introduced the participating Swiss Brands to Chinese Media outlets and interested buyers.
Swiss Products on CCTV13 News, 2021
Appenzeller Bier on CCTV13 News, 2021
The CIIE is a unique opportunity for foreign brands entering the Chinese market, to test waters, increase their brand awareness and create business opportunities.
With a strong support from the Chinese Government, state-owned enterprises, such as the China Greenland Group, presence of major media, this fair is more than just an event; it aims to be a key platform for trade and branding.
Suppliers’ name wall at CIIE Supply-demand Matchmaking Meeting, 2021
Promotion of Morand Distillery at CIIE Supply-demand Matchmaking Meeting, 2021
CIIE MOU-signing Ceremony, 2021
SCC participates in CIIE MOU-signing Ceremony, 2021
100-day countdown promotion at G-hub in Nanjing West Road, 2021
We thank all our exhibitors, members, partners, and friends for their support and look forward to meeting everybody soon in our Cluster Booth at the next CIIE in November.
Links to Media Report Coverage
The China International Import Expo is held every year in Shanghai from November 5 to 10 in the NEEC (National Exhibition and Convention Centre).