Dear Members, Partners and Friends,
We are pleased to invite you to Lausanne on May 9th for a new exclusive business meeting with the Director of the Shanghai Free Trade Zone (FTZ) and his delegation.
If Shanghai’s reputation as China’s economic capital with a record number of foreign companies is common knowledge, its Free Trade Zone is perhaps less well known, even though it has many advantages and benefits for foreign companies that set up there.
Some background information about the Shanghai FTZ:
- It is the first and most important FTZ in China, started in 2013, as the window of opening-up and piloting reform policies.
- The Shanghai FTZ has implemented a number of policies to ease company setup and business operations. It provides thus one of the most attractive business environments for international companies to do business in China.
- Shanghai FTZ has already attracted more than 12’000 foreign companies, including the world giants Tesla, BMW, Intel, Siemens, BASF, etc.
- Swiss multinationals like ABB, Nestlé, Novartis and Roche also have their regional HQ or R&D centers located in the FTZ.
- In the core of Shanghai FTZ, there is the Waigaoqiao bonded zone. With its proximity to the largest port of the country, and well-established services together with the bonded policies, it is one of the most important trading hubs connecting China with Asia and the world.
- Swiss Centers operates a facility in the Waigaoqiao bonded zone since 2014, in the International Machine Tool Center, where a cluster of Swiss Machine Tool companies gathers, including GF, Tornos, Willemin Macodel, Fraisa, Mikron Tools, Microdia and Tschudin.
This meeting will allow us to get the updated insights on this unique site, and to identify potential business and development opportunities.
As the maximum capacity is limited to 100 people, we invite you to register as soon as possible. You will find below the detailed program and other useful information.
This event is supported by Innovaud, the Canton of Vaud Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CVCI), the Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (SCCC) , Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE) and the Swiss-Chinese Association – French Speaking Region (SRSSC).
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Romain Barrabas, China Market Access Manager of Swiss Centers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Swiss Centers Group
This event is free of charge, but registration is mandatory due to limited capacity. Seating will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Please send an e-mail to Mr. Romain BARRABAS, China Market Access Manager of the Swiss Centers by indicating the following information: Full name, Company name, Job title, Email address, Phone number.