Shanghai (July 26, 2017) – Swiss exports to China including Hong Kong reach a new record level: According to recently published figures of the Swiss Federal Customs Administration, Switzerland exported goods in the value of 8.3 billion Swiss Francs to the “Middle Kingdom” in the first six months of 2017. This is a plus of astonishing 16.9% year-on-year. “For Swiss exports to China and Hong Kong, this has been the best half year in history. If the trend continues, Swiss 2017 exports to China can beat the record year of 2014, when goods in the value of 15.8 billion Swiss Francs were exported”, explains Nicolas Musy, Founder and Delegate of the Board of Swiss Centers in China, a non-profit organization that lowers the market entry barriers of Swiss companies into Asia.
Furthermore, Switzerland is one of very few countries that enjoy a positive trade balance with China and Hong Kong without exporting natural resources. “The surplus amounts to 1.8 billion Swiss francs in the first half of 2017”, reports Musy.
- Swiss Center Shanghai at China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
- Swiss Center Shanghai at Shanghai Xinzhuang Industrial Park
- Swiss Center Shanghai in Hongqiao CBD
- Swiss Center Tianjin at Dongli Economic & Technological Development Area
- Swiss Center Tianjin at Wuqing High Tech Park
- Foundation Swiss Centers
- Presence facilitation
- Operational support
- Trade Solution